The individual mind of the previous post Ignorance and Projection is different from the primordial and the universal mind.
In the zodiac there are three basic levels.
These levels are seen everywhere and in everything, but here it is used for the individual human development of the mind.
‘Primordial’Â is used for the pre-individual phase and ‘universal’Â is used for the trans-individual phase.Â The mind in general is used for the astrological airsigns gemini, libra and aquarius.
The primordial mind has to do with how a person interacts with the world around him. It is symbolised by the sign gemini and it is an interaction on a superficial level. It is the learning of a language, the language of the family and culture where you grow up. It is learning what is taught at schools.
– Clever, curious, communication.
– Making connections with surroundings.
– Trying to figure things out, intelligence.
– Talkative, sociable, loves to interact with others on a superficial level.
– Unemotional, impersonal, ruled by rationality.
– Requires great mental stimulation.
– Playfull, inconstant, attention easily drifts to something new, seeks novelty.
The individual mind is symbolised by libra. It is the mind that is interacting on an individual level. Exchange what is important for the individual and comparing that with others. Not always with a normal language as there is not always an agreed upon language that can be used. So one other possibility is by art or by use of a metaphorical language.
– Individual entering into relationship with others, partnership.
– One-to-one relationships.
– Meeting others as an equal, interdependency.
– Encountering repressed part of yourself through others.
– Going beyond ego bounderies.
– Peace, harmony, balance, social awareness.
– Learning how to get along with others, treating others as equals.
– Art, beauty, harmonious surroundings, distressed by inharmonious interactions.
– Dialogue, debate, conflict, enemies, justice.
The third mind is also called universal mind. It is the mind that in the zodiac is symbolised by the sign aquarius. It is a mind that is connected to the world. A mind that goes beyond the obvious and the agreed upon. But also an inclination to destroy the rules and constructions.
– Freedom and cooperation between individuals.
– Free-thinking, unorthodox, far-sighted, idealistic, utopian.
– Impersonal thinking, detached from emotional considerations.
– Interested in focusing the mind to formulate new and unusual ways of dealing with people, groups, society and the world.
– Progressive view of things and rarely follow the beaten path.
– An insatiable urge for discovering that which isn’t known.
– Or developing that which is known into something which is new, refreshing and completely different.
Of course these can not really be seen as separate. It is just a way to differentiate between existing thoughts that might be present at the same time.